claire_puttock's profile

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 7:52 PM

Is whole oatly ok for toddlers?

We’ve give our 18 month old oat milk as he can’t have cows milk or soy milk. We had to get oatly whole as a one off last week but we all really like it. Is it ok to give to an 18 month old long term term or should we stick to semi skimmed? 
thanks 

47 Messages

9 months ago

Hiya Claire!

The only difference between our oat drink semi and whole is the fat content so, it's always a good idea to take that into account when you're thinking about portion sizes. But, generally, both our semi and whole drinks will usually be suitable as a main drink from 1 year of age. I hope this helps but if you have further specific questions, I'd recommend discussing them with your healthcare professional.

All the best, 

Bex at Oatly

Hi, I chose give my daughter oatly whole milk and was giving that type for a couple of months. A couple of months ago my wife went out to get some But the only option they had was oatly super basic. Recently she started waking up crying at night so I'm worried it might be related. So my question is, is oatly whole better for toddlers to drink than the super basic?

Please get back to me as soon as possible 🙏 

67 Messages

Hi Gerardo, 

Firstly, we always recommend that you ask your health care professional which option would be best suited for you or your family since it's the overall diet that best informs this and we all have our own unique needs. 

Generally, if you're looking to add more healthy fats for your daughter, our Full Fat oatmilk is an ideal choice. It has added DHA which is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. If you're looking for added vitamins and minerals, like calcium and vitamin D for example, any of our fortified products could be good options (this includes all of our oatmilk varieties except the Super Basic). On the other hand, if you're looking for the “less is more approach”, our Super Basic oatmilk could be a good option. It's also important to note that there are calorie differences between our oatmilk varieties. 

Please feel free to check out all of the products we offer in the US here and let us know if we can help with anything else. We hope you find an option that works best for your daughter. 

All the best, 
Ali at Oatly