Inez's profile

Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 9:49 AM

Does Oatly contain glyphosate?

Our oat drink is completely glyphosate free. If you’re based in the US, it can be good to know that our oat drink is also certified glyphosate residue free by The Detox Project. As part of this certification, we submit our finished oat drink to a qualified third-party lab on a random, quarterly basis to have it tested for glyphosate residue, so we’re able to ensure that our oat drink is fully compliant with the specifications for glyphosate residue free products.

7 months ago

What are the specifications for "glyphosate residue free" products? This seems ambiguous wording and the is certainly not the same statement as no glyphosate being used at any stage of the growing or harvesting cycle of the oats used in this product. Please clarify.

132 Messages

Hi Jonathan!

With oats being our main ingredient we’re extremely picky, but don’t grow our own (we leave this to the experts - farmers! That said we’re working closely with them to investigate regenerative practices for growing oats. Read more here on page 17 as well as here if you’re curious!)

So, while we’re doing what we can to ensure the best
agronomic practices are being used for our oats, we’re doing additional analysis as part of our quality control. Hope this clarifies!

Love,

Åsa at Oatly

4 Messages

6 months ago

Hi, you mentioned that in the US, Oatly oat drink is certified glyphosate residue free by the Detox Project.  Are the ones in the UK certified glyphosate free?

14 Messages

Hi Mi Chen,

Our suppliers in Europe continually analyse samples for glyphosate per harvest in the oats they deliver, and no trace has ever been found in any of these analyses. We also have our own monitoring program which checks for glyphosate on oats. 

We hope this gives you more clarity! 

Kindest, 

4 Messages

Hi Jas, that is good to know.  Thank you for your reply.

1 Message

29 days ago

I've seen the glyphosate-free symbol on your oat milk. What about your ice cream from Canada? These do not have the glyphosphate-free symbol - Are they glyphosate-free? 

~Got two pints in my freezer right now!

69 Messages

Hi Nikole! 

I'm happy to confirm that all of our products sold in the US are certified glyphosate residue-free by The Detox Project. The frozen desserts should also have the symbol on them. You can also find all of our certified products listed on The Detox Project's website here. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Hope you enjoy the pints! 

Cheers, 

Ali at Oatly