james_pearce's profile

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 6:38 PM

New Lids causing Oatly Barista to go sour/off

I’ve been drinking oatly barista for years and love it, for some reason the last pack of 6 cartons I’ve got seems to go sour/off in a matter of 2-3 days rather than considerably longer. 

the only thing I can see is the lids are no longer screw top and I wonder if they’re not sealed as well? 

Unless there’s any dodgy batches out there that is causing this? 

Any help welcomed 

14 Messages

10 months ago

Hi James! 

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear you've had these unpleasant experiences with our Barista, as that's not the taste and experience we pride ourselves on. We can see you've also emailed us and we'll need some more details from you, so we'll be in touch with you through there and help you oat! 

Kindest, 

Jasmine

1 Message

I can confirm this! Bought over 10 bottles with the new lid design in the past month and they were all went off within 1-2 days, or were off to begin with. Went to my local coffee shop, and they reported the exactly same thing, they've stopped buying Oatly. 

Spoke to my friends in London who own a coffee shop (I'm Paris based) and they mentioned the same thing.

However, this is not just OATLY related, I tried several other alternative milk options with the same new lid, and they all face the same issue. 

Definitely don't think its a bad batch, some of the bottles on the super market shelfs have inflated and look like they're about to explode.

(edited)

58 Messages

Hey! 

Thanks for this. We're gathering all the feedback for our packaging and production teams who are looking into it.  

We truly appreci'oat your patience during this time. 

Oat regards, 
Sophia 

6 months ago

I can report the same thing happening to me. I used to could keep the milk for a week without any issues and finish off the pack. Now, after 2 days it already starts to smell sour and by day 3 it's unusable so I end up throwing lots away!

58 Messages

Hey Magdalena, 

I appreciate you letting us know. Are you able to file a complaint so that we can register your feedback with our quality team?

Oat regards, 
Sophia 

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm also facing this issue and am glad to hear that I'm not the only one. This has been happening for the last 8-9 barista oatlies I bought (which is why I can't file a complaint, given that I threw away the packaging). I used to love Oatly but am currently looking for an alternative as well...

Is there any update on this matter? I'd be so happy if this turns out to be a solvable issue!

58 Messages

Hey Robyn, 

Can you please email us at info@oatly.com and tell us where you are based so we can better assist you! 

Thanks,  
Sophia, 

2 Messages

2 months ago

cool

1 Message

22 days ago

I have been experiencing the same issue with Oatly and have had to stop buying it (although it foams up better than most oat milks) because it keeps going off. Is there any sign of lid changes in the future to resolve this? Thanks

4 Messages

Hey Eva, 

I’m so sorry to hear about your recent experiences with our oat drink - the last thing we want is to be losing loyal oat fans.

If you have a spare moment, please could you register the complaint so that we can register your feedback with our quality team? 

Over and oat,

Alice at Oatly

1 Message

20 days ago

I’ve been experiencing the exact same thing just opened my oat milk this morning and it’s gone sour after only having it for a few days. This is ridiculous. I’m a uni student I can’t keep buying oat milk this often. In the past my oat milk would last around 2 weeks but now with the new lids it only lasts a few days. I’ve had to throw away a whole carton of oat milk this morning. Absolutely ridiculous. 

13 Messages

Thanks for reaching oat to us on here and via email, we've received and answered your complaint and will of course pass this on to our quality team. This is really valuable feedback for us, and we appreciate you taking the time despite this unpleasant experience. We'll make it up to you - pinky promise!

Wishing you a great week,

Leo at Oatly

1 Message

15 days ago

Same here in Finland with the organic iKaffe. Sent you an email with the details.

21 Messages

@jari_nuukaa​ Thanks for letting us know Jari - I've responded to your email! 

All the best, 

Jeanna