jimaine's profile

Thursday, April 25th, 2024 4:12 PM

oatly barrista

I don't understand why there is one which I can store at room temperature and one that has to be cooled. what is the difference between these two oatly barrista versions? 

Accepted Solution

62 Messages

4 months ago

Hey there, 

Thanks for your question a valid one indeed. We wanted to make it easier for consumers to eat more plant-based so we created chilled version since most of the searching for cow's milk takes place in the chilled area of a supermarket. 

The difference between the two lays, in the packaging. A product with the chilled packaging has a shorter shelf life and is produced in smaller volumes. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Happy weekend, 

Sophia 

3 Messages

Hi Sophia, 

thanks for your answer. it's valid but it doesn't satisfy me. 

Why do they have to be chilled and had a shorter shelf life? do they have any other ingredients or are they differently produced?

happy weekend

Mike

62 Messages

Hey again, 

so to answer your questions, no, our chilled range doesn't have other ingredients and is not differently produced than our ambient. 

The difference is in the packaging; our ambient version (non-chilled) is aseptically packaged which means the package has an extra layer that works like a tin can and protects the oat drink inside from spoiling. Whereas, our chilled products don't have this extra layer which is why they have to be kept refrigerated at all times to prevent the Oat Drink from spoiling.

Hope this answer satisfied you, if not just let me know! 

Regards,
Sophia 

3 Messages

Hi Sophia,

yes, this satisfy me. thanks for the answer!

Regards, 

Mike