Creamy Roasted Mushroom Gravy
’Tis the season for plant-based holiday recipes using oat-based products! The talented Chef Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy in New York City created some delicious Thanksgiving dishes to share. Enjoy!
¼ cup of neutral oil
1 pound of fresh mushrooms (a mixture of different kinds of mushrooms works great)
2 tablespoons small diced Spanish onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 ½ cups Oatly Full Fat Milk
1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix the mushrooms and oil together and roast until the mushrooms are slightly crispy
3. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and strain the oil off, saving both the oil and the mushrooms.
4. In a sauce pot over medium heat add the mushroom oil. Once the oil is heated through add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
5. Add the mushrooms to the pot. Stir a few times.
6. Mix the flour and oat milk together and then slowly add to the mixture to the pot.
7. Cook until sauce has thickened and salt to taste.