Gluten Free Vegan Scones
View the Full Recipe Here
For these gluten free vegan scones I utilized my favourite new kitchen tool – the air fryer! And they came out delightfully crumb-tastic and melt-in-your-mouth buttery goodness (without the real butter, of course). To make these air fryer scones even a bit more health-centric, I used the delicious vanilla oat yogurt instead of the typical heavy cream.
- 160 g GF 1:1 Flour (1 1/4 cups)
- 1.5 T Sugar
- 1 t Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 33 g Cold vegan butter, cubed (2.5T)
- 80 ml Oatly Milk (1/3c)
- Mix dry ingredients and cut in cold butter cubes. Pinching with fingertips until the mixture resembled course breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add in milk, incorporating until you have a soft dough, that is not too sticky.
- On floured surface, roll dough out to approximately 1" thick. With the edge of a glass, cut 4 circles out and place them on parchment in the air fryer.
- Bake at 390deg for 12 minutes or until lightly golden (or bake at 400deg for 15-20 min, checking often)
- Enjoy with a dollop of your favorite jam and Oatly yogurt!