themindfulpeanut's profile

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 4:20 PM

Gluten Free Vegan Scones

View the Full Recipe Here

For these gluten free vegan scones I utilized my favourite new kitchen tool – the air fryer! And they came out delightfully crumb-tastic and melt-in-your-mouth buttery goodness (without the real butter, of course). To make these air fryer scones even a bit more health-centric, I used the delicious vanilla oat yogurt instead of the typical heavy cream.

INGREDIENTS

• 160 g GF 1:1 Flour (1 1/4 cups)
  • 1.5 T Sugar
  • 1 t Baking Soda
  • Pinch Salt
  • 33 g Cold vegan butter, cubed (2.5T)
  • 80 ml Oatly Milk (1/3c) 

INSTRUCTIONS

• Mix dry ingredients and cut in cold butter cubes. Pinching with fingertips until the mixture resembled course breadcrumbs.
  • Slowly add in milk, incorporating until you have a soft dough, that is not too sticky.
  • On floured surface, roll dough out to approximately 1" thick. With the edge of a glass, cut 4 circles out and place them on parchment in the air fryer.
  • Bake at 390deg for 12 minutes or until lightly golden (or bake at 400deg for 15-20 min, checking often)
  • Enjoy with a dollop of your favorite jam and Oatly yogurt!

26 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for sharing this scone recipe, Sara! I could definitely go for some blackberry jam with scones right now. Honestly as a non-baker, I've always been a bit intimidated by the idea of making scones at home. Do you have a preferred brand of vegan butter?

@Ruby​ Hi Ruby - I was intimidated by scones for years too. It is all about not fussing too much with the dough once it comes together. Roll it, cut them and bake! I have had pretty good success with Miyokos vegan butter. 

26 Messages

Thanks for the encouragement, Sara! And for the recommendation on the vegan butter — I'll keep that in mind the next time I have some time to bake.